4 chicken breast
2 medium onions
4 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
- Brine the chicken breast 1 day ahead with a salt solution (2tsb of salt to 1 qt of water)
- Cut the vegetables in large chunks.
- To soften the potatoes and carrots, I pre-boil it for about 5 mins in boiling water, then let it cool
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Pat dry the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper (it is important to get the skin really dry, or else the skin won't be crispy)
- Using a roasting pan, put the vegetable and garlic on the bottom of the pan
- Drizzle with oil and add 1 tsb of granulated chicken bullion (optional) and mix
- Place a cooking rack on top of the pan and place the chicken breast on top
- place the pan in the middle rack and roast for 45 mins or until the thermo probe reaches 165F
- To make a pan sauce for the chicken, remove the chicken and vegetable. Place the pan on top of the stove and turn on medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of white wine, squeeze 1/2 lemon. Scrape up the burnt bits and let it reduce by half. Finally, turn off the heat and add 4 tsb of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
As a note, to make the skin really crispy, it is better not to include the vegetables on the bottom of the pan. Steam created during roasting will affect the crispiness of the skin.