Ah, the fruits of our labor. This is the first harvest of our basil this season. With all the rain we have been getting here in Chicago, our little garden is thriving. We picked up some tomatoes and mozzarella for this super simple caprese salad.
1 bulb fresh mozzarella
2 medium tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
Good quality olive oil
Good quality balsamic vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- To make the dressing, mix the italian seasoning with the olive oil and let it sit
- Slice the tomatoes and cheese
- Stack the sliced tomatoe, cheese and basil in alternating order
- Spoon the oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Btw, am I the only one who ever gets the urge to just gnaw on a large mozzarella ball?