2 cloves of garlic
1/2 medium onion
3 oz vodka
5 ripen medium tomatoes or 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 bunch basil leaves
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsb olive oil
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mince the garlic and shallots and medium dice the onion and the tomatoes.
- In a deep pan sauce pan, heat the oil and garlic/shallots/onion on medium heat. Low heat will prevent the garlic from burning. Cook until the onions are translucent. You can add the pepper flakes if you want some spiciness.
- Add the vodka to pan. Be careful since the vodka can flame up in the pan. You can turn the heat off first before adding the vodka.
- Next add the chicken stock, diced tomato and any tomato juice leftover. To boost more flavor into your sauce, you can add chicken bouillon cubes.
- Take half of the basil leaves and chiffonade the leaves, then add it to the sauce
- If you have leftover Parmesan rinds leftover, you can throw it into the sauce to give it more body
- Simmer the sauce until it is reduced by 1/2
- Add the cream
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chiffonade basil is added at the end prior to serving.