Lobster claws (the directions are actually for the whole lobster but I only butter poached the claws for this dish)
1 cup clarified butter
Pinch of salt
- Clean the lobster claws
- Boil enough water to submerge the lobster
- Once the water is boiling, add the whole lobster and boil for about 10 mins
- Remove the lobster and let it cool enough to handle
- Disjoint the claws and crack open the shell
- Carefully remove the meat from the shell
- Warm the butter in a small sauce pan and add a pinch of salt
- Place the claw meat in butter. Try to keep the meat submerged in the butter.
- Poach the lobster at around 160F-180F for 10-15 mins.
- Remove the lobster and serve with a few spoonfuls of butter
For additional flavor, I added 1 tsp of soy sauce to the serving butter and added chopped scallions.