Ingredients (serves 2)
6 zucchini blossoms (stamen/pistil removed)
1 package of silken or sundubu tofu
2 package of instant udon (like i said, a quick and easy lunch!)
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1/2 cup green onion chopped (green parts only)
pea shoots, yellow chives (optional)
Minced scallops/shrimp (optional)
- Remove the stamen/pistil from the blossom, and wash and dry
- Drain the package of tofu and wrap with cheese cloth, squeeze out as much as the water as possible
- In a hot sauce pan, heat up several tablespoon of oil, add the green onion and let it fry for a minute. Becareful not to let it burn.
- Add the tofu, 1 tsp sesame seed oil, 1 tbsp tsuyu and mix together. You can also add minced scallops/shrimp to the mixture to give it more texture.
- Fill each blossom with the tofu mixture and close the blossom, twisting the ends together.
- Steam the blossoms in a steamer for 5-7 minutes
- In a pot, boil the udon until soft then drain
- In a separate pot, boil 3 cups of water and add enough tsuyu to taste.
- To assemble, place the udon in a large bowl, ladle the broth over the top. Place the stuffed zucchini blossoms on top and garnish with tender pea shoot, yellow chives and chopped scallions.